Posted on 04-02-2015
And with that we are ready to head outside and see our neighbors again.
Whether you are headed outside to do yard work, go for a drive, head to the park, or watch/coach spring sports we have a great recipe that will travel with you.
- 3 cans wild caught tuna, drained
- ½ small/medium apple, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, quartered
- ½ cup crispy nuts (almonds, pecans – whatever you have! If you are nut free you can use any seed of your choice or just leave them out!)
- ½ cup – 1 cup mayonnaise (Amount depending on how you like the consistency of your tuna salad. Homemade preferable to avoid toxic oils/preservatives in store bought – my 5 minute mayo is SO yummy!)
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Put the apple, celery, carrot, and almonds into your food processor and pulse into a medium chop. (If you don't have a food processor just chop the veggies and crush the nuts.)
- Add the tuna and mayo and blend to combine – if you want a full puree go for it! (That works well if you are feeding smaller toddlers). If you are looking for a chunkier consistency just pulse to combine. Add more mayo if you wish. (If you don't have a food processor, just use a fork to mash in the tuna and mayo to mix and combine.)
- Sea salt/pepper to taste, and serve in lettuce cups, tomato or cucumber rounds, as a dip for crackers, or in a rice wrap!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.