Posted on 01-30-2015
How Yummy is this?!?!
Photos and recipe courtesty of www.gi365.info
It is perfect to add to your morning yogurt...... as an awesome base for a snack or trial mix...... or as a great start to make your own energy bars/balls......
And.... It's super easy to make....
Maple Cinnamon Granola
- 3 cups big flake coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup fine shred coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, raw
- 1 cup chopped pecans, raw
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ Teaspoons cinnamon, Vietnamese cinnamon for best flavor
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- ⅓-1/2 cup maple syrup, Grade B for deepest maple flavor
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once at the halfway point.
- After 20 minutes, turn the oven off and open the oven door to stir the granola one last time. Opening the oven door helps the oven cool off a bit so the granola doesn't overcook.
- After the last stirring close the oven door, and let the granola cool down with the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven and let it cool fully before transferring it to an airtight container.
- This granola keeps for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
Read more: Maple Cinnamon Granola | GI 365 http://gi365.info/food/maple-cinnamon-granola/#ixzz3QKu25WzM
THIS CONTENT IS COPYRIGHT PROTECTED © 2013 - 2014 GI365. All Rights Reserved -
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.