Posted on 12-11-2014
Want a delicious treat in the morning? How about a Gluten-Free, delicious treat in the morning?
Check THIS out!!!
I think I'm drooling.......
Going gluten free is not the end of muffins, breads, and desserts..... there is so much out there, that is soooooo YUMMY.......
Just check out Pinterest or Google it. Such yumminess at your finger tips, while ridding problematic wheat from your diet.
If you are interested to see what is out there for gluten free, and excellent website (and author of this delicious recipe) is: www.againstallgrain.com She also has some fabulous cookbooks:
A good recipe to start with is this one!
Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chip Streusel Topping
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 4 medium eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional, but may be needed if bananas aren’t too sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 overly ripe medium sized bananas (we’re talking big brown spots)
- ¼ cup milk (I used coconut, but almond works well too)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
For the Streusel
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (either homemade or Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a paddle attachment in a stand mixer, cream together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until is light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add in the apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Mash the bananas and the milk in a bowl until it has reached a similiar consistency to baby food. Fold the banana mixture into the batter and the chocolate chips if you’re using them.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins lined with cute parchment squares (thanks Martha!) or these handy and reusable silicone muffin cups. Fill to about ¾ full.
- For the streusel topping, chop the pecans, honey, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Mix in the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the mixture over the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops have browned lightly and a toothpick comes out clean.
- I like the store anything made with coconut flour in the fridge for 3-4 days or the freezer for 3-4 months.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.